Thursday, May 28, 2009




TWENTY-one-year old Annis Farahdilla Mohd Radzib from Kepong was recently named winner of 7-Eleven’s Cherry Blossoms Contest.

Annis Farahdilla won herself a seven-day/six-night tour to Tokyo, Japan (including Disneyland) with flights and accommodation for two persons and RM8,000 travelling expenses.

“Thanks to the proximity of a 7-Eleven behind my office, I frequently made purchases there after lunch and that’s how I entered the contest,” she said.

“In all, I submitted more than 10 entries, and I am thankful to my mother who helped me with the slogan writing” she said.

First runner-up was Lee Kim Loong from Puchong, who walked away with a 46-inch Full High Definition LCD Television.

“I couldn’t believe it when 7-Eleven’s staff called me last week to say I won a major prize. This is my first time winning in a contest,” he said.

Meanwhile, second-runner-up Chew Molly from Seremban won a three-day/two-night trip to Phuket.

“I was so surprised and excited when I received that call. I really did not expect that with only five entries, I could be one of the winners,” she said.

7-Eleven’s advertising and promotions assistant manager Marcus Theam gave away the prizes to the lucky winners at a prize giving ceremony at 7-Eleven’s headquarters at Plaza Berjaya in Kuala Lumpur recently.

The contest, which ran from Feb 23 to April 10, was open to 7-Eleven customers who made a minumum of RM7 worth of purchases in a single receipt.

All they had to do was to answer two simple questions and write a slogan, attach their original receipts to the form and drop them off at any 7-Eleven store.

All correctly answered entries were then evaluated by a panel of judges who picked the winners based on the best and most creative slogans submitted.

Other prizes given out to lucky winners include NEC laptops, Sony Cyber-Shot digital camera, Sony PlayStation Portable gaming console and an iPod Nano 8GB music walkman

0 comments: